Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prompt #3, critique policy and Tumblr

 

See my own artwork on deviantart and tumblr.


The next prompt is "New Holiday".


I was kicking around the idea of having a distinction between critiques and posting for show. I know a lot of people look down on artists and writers who aren't privy to criticism, but I personally don't see the harm in displaying something without intention on a rewrite/draw. Maybe it's too personal or maybe they just want to share without judgement. That being said, I'm taking a page out of a writing group I attend and asking people to mention whether or not they'd like open critique on their piece when they send in a prompt response. This goes for both writing and artwork. What do you guys think?

Oh, unrelated, but I just made a tumblr and figured I should list it. Check it out for sketches, reposted literature/poetry quotes and a bunch of crazy nonsense. http://trainridetosomewhere.tumblr.com/

By kattything. Click the image for a bigger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment